Friday, March 20, 2009

It Won't Be Like This for Long

Yesterday I dropped the little girls off at preschool and Peyton just walked into her classroom by herself and I thought, "Wow, she didn't even cling." Then she turned around and said "Mommy" and I thought here it comes. But it didn't, all she wanted was another "tiss and hud" goodbye. It was easier to let her go without her, "No Mommy"'s. So I thought... I got back in the car and was headed to school, when the song by Darius Rucker came on, "It Wont Be Like This for Long" Next thing I realize, I am driving down Lake Shore crying like a baby because she didn't cling.
Peyton is going into her class by herself, Jordan is my little helper, and Madison is offering to make dinner. Life is just going by way to fast. I just want to slam on the breaks....I can't find the breaks!!
If you haven't herd that song, listen to it. It perfectly describes the bitter sweet heart break of parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment